WELCOME TO CLASS ACT BOOKS

Excellence in All Genres of Fiction
http://www.classactbooks.com


Friday, July 21, 2017

Author Enlists CDC in Writing New Novel

My newest book is entitled In My Blood. As with every book I write, it all began with a precipitating event.
In this case, I had brought my cat, Frodo, outside for a lap around the front yard. I was holding him in my arms, when a large truck roared by and scared him. In a wild attempt to escape, he clawed me and made holes in my shirt, but I held him fast and made a beeline for the door.
It was the back claws that did the most damage. Now I had a hole in my shirt and a peculiar pattern carved into my chest. I looked like a reverse letter N.
That night, I was thinking about what happened. When I got into the shower, the thought hit me, “Maybe there is a plague on an alien world and emissaries were sent into all the inhabited planets to find the chosen one…”
That was all I needed to get started.
The next day, I started writing, but I knew I needed help in creating the plague.
When you want to find out about a disease, what do you do? You call the CDC right?
So,,,I called them...
 
Click here to read the rest of Kenneth Gordon's blog at the Urban Swashbuckler:  http://theurbanswashbuckler.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment